Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help with setting up shipping

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my shipping - we ship to the USA and although it's only food items, orders can get heavy very quickly! We're trying to rejig the postal prices to make it a bit more fair, and I've found a really handy postal prices file further down the board

However, it's in a notepad file. Can someone walk a non-tech type person through importing this information into Actinic Catalog? Not looking forward to spending hours doing it all manually!
    www.stixnstring.com (knitting retail site)

Any gentle critiques welcome - designed by a complete non-programmer and always willing to learn.

Hi Oberon

You can import shipping import files by going to 'File | Import' and then selecting 'Hierarchical Import'. If it's a file supplied by Actinic, you should just be able to click 'Next>' a lot and choose all the defaults and Actinic will just import them.

What's the file by the way? Watch out that it's not an old one that can get out of date.

Comment

I'm using the one on the download page of the main site.

Okay, figured out how to import, now as my site is priced in dollars, it's pulling it in and putting the prices on the sheet as dollars. However if I change the prices on the spreadsheet to the dollar equivalent, Actinic spits it's dummy out.

Any advice on how to get over this before my laptop gets thrown out the window? I'm simply using a formula to convert, then paste (special) the values into the relevant column.

Any gentle critiques welcome - designed by a complete non-programmer and always willing to learn.

Comment

Is that becasue the value you're inporting is actually a formula not a number? Just a thought...

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I thought that, so I pasted it as a value, not the formula. It just keeps telling me there's no valid header, or other such nonsense. Nothing else on the sheet gets touched, just the shipping prices.

Comment

I just took another look at this...

Export | Shipping Tables

Saved on Desktop

Opened up csv file

in some unpopulated cells I created the formula "=I21*2" for example

Applied that formula type to all of the shipping cost I wished to change.

Copied the formula cells with the new "Exchange Rate" Value and Paste Special overwiritng the original shipping costs, selceting the "Values and Number Formats" radio button.

Delete the formula cells

Save | Yes | Exit

Then back in actinic

File | Import | Hierarchal Import |(Choose the recently edited file) Next | Next | Next ... | Finish

It made all the changes without a hitch.

Let me now if you need to clarify anything,

Rich

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
            X