Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capping shipping charges

Hello all,

I would like to cap all shipping charges so that regardless of the number of purchases made my customers never pay more than x amount per order.

Does anyone have an idea of how this might best be done?

Also, we sell a mixture of small items and large items.

The small items are sent via post, the larger ones by delivery company. I need to set my charges up so that multiple small items never get bumped up into the delivery company charges and can still be sent via post. I can't figure out the best way to do this.

Many thanks in advance!

Your first request is quite simple, use the ship by weight and set your max weight to correspond with the max charge

The small items are sent via post, the larger ones by delivery company. I need to set my charges up so that multiple small items never get bumped up into the delivery company charges and can still be sent via post. I can't figure out the best way to do this.
    This - i don't think can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by ojkershaw View Post

Also, we sell a mixture of small items and large items.

best way to do this (I'm sure Lee will come along and tell me/you, if otherwise LOL) might be to give your larger items significantly overstated weights which are allocated as courier price bands...so that, even if a customer add a large number of smaller items, it still doesn't hit the weight bracket for the courier charges?
      Tracey

Comment

I would like to cap all shipping charges so that regardless of the number of purchases made my customers never pay more than x amount per order.
        Ship by weight, set the tiers in your shipping table up as desired and used the 'excess' options on the right to suit.

Need more detail for an exact solution, but on the surface it looks like a set charge for both services would be best. Alternatively, you can ship by weight as Tracey says or using category based shipping too. If light items should never breach the delivery company charges, decide on the maximum number of small items anyone will ever purchase, multiply it by 3 and then set that weight as the starting point for your heavy items.

Remember that if someone buys a heavy and a light, it all needs to go on the heavy shipping, so make allowances in your tiers so that light items can be added and cost no more.

Comment

Working...
        X