Volume based shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume based shipping

We send a lot of fairly bulky items overseas. I have put all the rates into Actinic and that works well. Unfortunately most couriers now include the option to charge by volume and they charge whicever is the higher. I don't suppose there is a way to do this in Actinic?

If not my idea is that when someone selects an overseas country (or a product type) that they are given a message to say that they need to contact us for a freight quotation.

How can I do this or does anyone have a better idea

Thanks very much

Yes there is...

If you ship by "Maximun Weight" Basis and then in put the two weights at product level. Weight in kg and Alternative Weight.

You'd obviously have to create a new Zone/Class witht the Volumentric weights and their associated costs.

If you want to customers to contact you directly for an oversees shipping quote, say 5kg and over. Just put info in your tables up to 4.99kg then any orders that break that ceiling limit will be faced wit a default message a long the lines of "Your selection is not catered for within our shipping tables please contact us direct, etc"

I hope this helps?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Thanks for that. The problem we have is that the volumetric weight obviously depends on the size of th efinal package which we don't know until we pack it up!! So it wouyld not be possible to add a different weight for every item. Also by packing more that one item into the parcel you don't necessarily change its volumentric weight.

I think your second approach will work best. I will try to do that tonight.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X