Shipping item seperately and shipping charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping item seperately and shipping charges

My company sells bulky and heavy items for the trucking industry. Does anyone know if ACTINIC, when it integrates with UPS, tells their system that my client ordered 4 items, 2 that are "ship seperately" and 2 that can ship together -- so a total of 3 packages will be generated for their purchase and thus, 3 packages for shipping/prices from UPS.

When I run test purchases, I find that in some instances the price point is close, and others incredibly high. Also, in the US UPS has a 100lb ship class that we sometimes ship at -- which technically is a maximum of 150lbs per box or a combined shipment of 150lbs. Some of our items in certain circumstances would kick rate for UPS to calculate some outrageously high rate -- any suggestions on how to handle that?

Thanks,

Alicia
    Alicia

Hi,

Does anyone know if ACTINIC, when it integrates with UPS, tells their system that my client ordered 4 items, 2 that are "ship seperately" and 2 that can ship together -- so a total of 3 packages will be generated for their purchase and thus, 3 packages for shipping/prices from UPS.
    I've been informed that this is how the integration works.

When I run test purchases, I find that in some instances the price point is close, and others incredibly high.
    Are you saying that the price calculated is incorrect? Can you provide examples please.

Also, in the US UPS has a 100lb ship class that we sometimes ship at -- which technically is a maximum of 150lbs per box or a combined shipment of 150lbs. Some of our items in certain circumstances would kick rate for UPS to calculate some outrageously high rate -- any suggestions on how to handle that?
    Again, are you saying that the rate that is used is the wrong rate? If so, can you give an example of what's happening to give this incorrect rate.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X