Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFline orders for countries not available ONline

In V9.0.3.

I want to be able to accept OFFline orders for countries that are not available to order from ONline.
    I have all the countries (in the universe, it seems!) set up in Settings > Locations > Countries but the drop down in the offline order process is only showing countries that I have set up in my shipping setup.

Is there any way to make locations available for offline use only?

In THIS THREAD, Toby suggested that, in V7 at least, there was but I don't see this happening in V9.

Is it possible?

Thanks
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Not much I can offer to help on this but there is clearly an issue here. In V9 actinic is using the Online shipping policies for Offline orders and this does make sense for many set ups as you don't necessarily want the order entry person making stuff up and taking orders from countries you don't want to ship to.

A more 'complete' offline system would have it's own offline shipping policies but that would be quite a change for Actinic.

I think there is a problem with too much order 'checking' / dependency on changeable values being used in Actinic. When an order is accepted or shipped then Actinic should store the actual values that have been used for that order. Not link to a value in the database tables that might change. The way they do it now means that any change to shipping tables, VAT, etc screw up existing orders if they have to be opened again for viewing or changing (such as an item being returned).

If Actinic did this then at least you'd be able to manually overwrite the data without everything messing up. As it is I don't think you can.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I thought I'd found a solution to this but, alas, it doesn't work.

I created a new shipping zone with a shipping class that was only available OFFline (right click on shipping method and DEselect "available online")
      I was hoping this would work but it still shows the zone's countries in the ONline dropdown, it just doesn't allow you to check out using it because there is no shipping class set up for online.
      If we could just make the ZONES have an 'available online/offline' option too, this could work!
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

I've added this to the wishlist.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X