tax on shipping settings disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tax on shipping settings disabled

Any ideas why the check boxes 'Tax applies to shipping' and 'Shipping costs include tax' in the zone/class tables might become greyed out?

Its a bit curious because we have two sites, one in dollars and one in sterling and the dollar one was originally copied from the sterling site but in the sterling one the settings are enabled.

I've obviously changed a global setting somewhere but can't find it. Can't find another thread on this either.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Under Shipping and Handling is the "Shipping Charges Made" check box ticked?

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Yes, and VAT looks like its all set up right.

The site has been live for a few months. The original shipping rates that I had were exclusive of vat but I've just been sent some new ones that are inclusive of VAT so I need to check the 'Shipping costs include tax' box and can't! Yes I know I could always remove the vat myself if it comes to it.

Bob

Comment

Bob,

Try setting it to No VAT. Apply changes, compact databases and restart Actinic, they reapply VAT.

Actinic may just need a push in the right direction.

Rich

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Are your product prices inclusive of VAT or not?
          If they're not, then I don't think you can have products prices exclusive of VAT AND shipping inclusive.
          Tracey

Comment

Tracey gets the prize. That was the problem - in the US the price is exclusive of tax and in the UK the price is tax inclusive.

It just means I'll need to take the tax off the shipping rates.

Thanks.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted Bob. Pat on the back for Tracey.

It just means I'll need to take the tax off the shipping rates.
              Am I right in thinking that you ship to the US from UK on this particular site? If so could you not omit VAT completely, or at least set up different tax zones so that Actinic does it for you at checkout.

Army Gore-tex
              Winter Climbing Mitts
              Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

We sell a DVD for autistic children that comes in a US version and a UK one.

The US one is on the US site and is sold in dollars. The price on the site is exclusive of VAT so if a UK customer buys this one the VAT is added on.

The UK version is sold in sterling and the price is inclusive of VAT. If someone outside the UK buys one then it takes the VAT off (we have vat exemption enabled).

It all works ok but needed a clear head and a calculator when testing.

Comment

Working...
                X