UPS Online Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Online Tools

Is anyone else having problems with UPS Online tools? Over the weekend our UPS Online tools quit adding shipping to our orders. Around 3:00pm on Saturday, 7/11/09, all shipping quit being added. Has anyone else noticed this? We are receiving the following error as well via e-mail: "There was a failure to connect with the UPS server: Invalid or no content-type specified in the UPS response". We get this error every time someone goes through our checkout process. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

I just received this e-mail from UPS about this issue:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The issue may be caused by recent enhancements to the UPS.com web site. On July 11th, UPS implemented numerous enhancements to UPS.com. The new enhancements will greatly improve your shipping, tracking, and electronic billing experience.

Because of this, UPS's User Technology Agreement (UTA) has been updated to support these recent enhancements. Although the majority of our UTA has remained the same, please browse to UPS.com and login with the user ID and password associated with your OnLine Tools profile. The system will prompt you to review and accept the new agreement. This should resolve the issue you are experiencing."

In case anyone else is having the same issue, this is what you need to do to fix the problem.

Comment

RE: UPS Online Tools

How quickly is the aboved solution supposed to work? I logged in and agreed to the terms and i am still receiving the error.

Comment

Unfortunately, the suggested solution does not work.

UPS seems to be aware of this problem however contacting them about getting this fixed may be best. One suggestion is to contact UPS directly however this may be difficult since they are a very large corporation.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/contact/index.html

Another route is to contact your local UPS vendor or local sales representative. This may be the best route.

On another note, this isn't local to only actinic shopping carts. If you do some googling around you will find other shopping carts, who connect to UPS the same way as actinic, that are having the same problem.

Here's one thread...

http://discussionboard.prostores.com...ad.php?t=10124

Hopefully, UPS will get this fixed sooner rather then later since this problem has been on going for a couple of days now.

Comment

I've tried reregistering each of my sites by clicking the Configure UPS Online Tools button, then uploading but nothing changes. It looks like someone from Actinic, must work out the details with UPS. Is there any possibility of that happening?
          Cheers, Todd Edwardson
          sigpic
          Edwardson.com & SellerDeck US Sales & Service
          800-503-5717 | 609-773-0800
          todd@edwardson.com

Comment

We are looking into this, I will post here as soon as I have any news.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

UPS Xml tools problem

UPS online tools ran updates on their servers in May and in July. The downntime in may was less then one day and the recent problem in July had their servers down for three days. Actinic has configuration options to deal with problems when the requests for shipping rates fail to return responses from the UPS servers. Review the documentation and help file for assistance with the fall back configuration.

If your still reporting troubles with the xml tools today July 20th I would suggest you attenpt to reregister for the tools in the Actinic software under shipping providers. Then update the website and test. All cleints that Sure SOlutions provides consulting services for are reporting that the issue is resolved and working without error.

This is a UPS Online tools XML version issue. No change in Actinic is required. You may want to contact UPS directly if your having issues.

Brian Johnson
              Brian Johnson
              :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
              1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

Working...
              X