Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping on Customer Account

v8.5.0

Looking to set up a £40.00 per annum free shipping pass (as a product) ... entitling accounts to have free shipping for 12 months. Other than the 12 month time scale monitoring is there a bodge anyone can think of using customer accounts to provide free shipping automatically on all products?

Ideas into the smelting pot welcomed.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Only 2 ways i can see, you either need a fixed shipping cost, so that can be discounted as a normal amount off the total of each order, or if your shipping cost is a % of the cart value. Anything else and i can't see it possible.

Comment

Maybe a third also (bit clunky), of having a zone setup called Account Customers Only, they select this as their shipping method to which no cost applies?

Possible to get it to show in the list only when a customer is logged in?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        Possible to get it to show in the list only when a customer is logged in?
        I like your clunk! This may be a possible route in - will update accordingly.

Cheers matey.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Was there any update on this?

I am running v8.52 and have sut up trade customer accounts.
          I do not wish to charge them shipping .
          Is there a way to apply a zero shipping charge for certain account customers only?

Thanks

Comment

Here my Clunk based on Lees Method

I have just solved a similar request for a client who wants to offer logged in customers the ability to pickup their orders from the warehouse but not show collection as an option to other customers.

Heres my clunk:

1: Go to settings and Locations and set up a whole new country called Free Delivery, with a country code of FD
            2: Set up a postage zone and class that allows free shipping for this country.
            3: Any customers that qualify for Free Delivery, add a 2nd delivery address in with the country set to Free Delivery.

This solves the free delivery issue, but this option will be shown to all logged in / unregistered customers.

4: Ammend the Country Layout within Design Library: Location : Country

to
            Code:
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOneElementList%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20false">
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CountryCode%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22FD%22">
            	<Actinic:NOTINB2B><!--</Actinic:NOTINB2B> 
            	<option value="FD">
            Free Delivery
            	<Actinic:NOTINB2B>--></Actinic:NOTINB2B>
            </actinic:block>
            <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CountryCode%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22FD%22">
            	<option value="<actinic:variable name="CountryCode" />"/><actinic:variable name="RegionName" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOneElementList%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20true">
             value="<actinic:variable name="CountryCode" />" /><Actinic:Variable Name="RegionName"/>

So that will hide the Free Delivery Country from being selected unless you're logged in and Technically if you only have 1 delivery address per logged in customer this will not be shown either.

However this works fine for the idea of collections, as the Delivery address is not important.

Maybe its close. It works for my needs but maybe someone can tweak it to allow for the real Delivery address to be passed through.
            Ben Adcock
            Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Working...
            X