X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixing Category & weight based shipping v8

Hi all,

Actinic Version: Actinic Business 8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA

I have read through the shipping forum and used the search function but I can't find a clear explanation of how mixing weight & category based shipping works.

I am having several issues... I'll explain.

I am implementing a site for which all the existing products are using weight based shipping (using the real weights) to calculate UPS delivery to three zones (UK, EU, RoW)

My client now wants me to add some new products for which the shipping details are defined as follows (just detailing the uk rules, but similar ones are defined for the other zones)

UK Postage £1.00 for the first pack
    And £0.50 extra for each additional pack
    i.e. 3 packs is £2.00, 4 packs is £2.50 etc

I thought the way to implement this would be to create a class (let's call it LC_mail for now) which uses a category (let's say LC_category) and to set the product to use the LC_Category and ship separately.

but this causes several problems

1) if you elect to buy any (non LC_category) product the cart displays shipping costs as zero

2) if you select an LC_category product and any other product the shipping is calculated using the LC_mail values

3) regardless of what products you choose you are able to select between LC_Mail & UPS once you get to the checkout.

4) At checkout there is no indication that the LC_mail products are shipped separately.

The desired functionality would be...

a) LC_category products use the LC_mail class and no other option be available.

b) all other products cannot select the LC_mail class

c) shipping of mixed items correctly calculate shipping for all products in the basket. ie Calculate shipping for the weight based item & then add the shipping costs for the LC_category shipment.

I spent 4 hours yesterday reading the forums & the help files and if the answers were in there I didn't understand them.

For the moment I have deleted the category and set those products back to weight based.

I have a staging site which I can re-configure to demonstrate the problem if needed.

Thanks in advance for your time...

Janimal
    Freelance web design
    www.rebelit.co.uk
Working...
X