refund excluding shipping charge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refund excluding shipping charge

ok, has anyone ever thought of ability to refund the customers order excluding shipping charge like they do on ebay? because if you now process partial refund then the order shows an overpayment am i correct?

is it possible in actinic?

what you think...?

You can just add an adjustment for the balance if you need to do this.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      You can just add an adjustment for the balance if you need to do this.

Mike
      That's very true, but how do you present it to customer, type of form like credit note for goods less delivery charges...

or if i raise new invoice it will not be for goods, but for shipping charges of goods that been returned? lol

not very pro way... thought

Comment

You are raising a valid point, in that with Actinic you need to cancel the item for stock control to work. Really you should create a new transaction for the returned item but sadly this isn't possible as actinic won't allow negative quantities for an item.

If you don't use stock control in Actinic, then I would:

- add an adjustment line for the returned item
        - Add another adjustment line saying "Non-refundable delivery charge" for the P+P
        - Zero out the Shipping charge (I suspect actinic may add this back in once you add the non-refunable delivery charge)

For other reading this, you can only do this for auctions like ebay where the DSRs don't apply. Otherwise the shipping is refundable.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X