Shipping Option for 'Next Day' on Selected Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Option for 'Next Day' on Selected Products

Ok have been trauling round all 100 odd posts on shipping trying to find a solution for this. I can see mention of using weighted shipping but not sure how to do this or if this would work.

I currently have my shipping setup based on value and free over £35. What I want to be able to offer, is selected products are available to have "Next Day" delivery option but a one off delivery fee no matter how many different items they buy. I can't have all products availble for next day as some are sent from our manufacture and take several days to deliver.

Ideally this would be an option at the end when they choose their shipping method. Where they can choose for Next day.

If that can be setup how do I then seperate if they order some items that are sent directly from the manufacturer or do I just put a note at the end "please note x and x will not be sent Next day if you have selected this option"

Any ideas

Thanks Jay

Out of the box - I cant see how this can be achieved.

However, if you had the option as a shipping choice created, then using some java script to remove the option if a certain match is not achieved, whereby the match could be based on the product reference containing a marker (possibly), then you might be able to do it that way.

i.e. All products you want to be enabled for Next Day option, you start the product reference name off with ND-(then normal Reference), then java script can be employed to read through each order line being added to the cart during the shipping choice phase, read if any product references contain ND- in the reference and then only leave the option in if a match is found.

You would need to make it blatantly clear which product is covered by Next Day delivery, as a mixed basket of ND-'s and non ND-'s could exist..

Comment

try here http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=35622

it was the only way i managed to get something to work
      ONE DAY Actinic might get around to finishing the shipping

Comment

Working...
      X