Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan hoax email

Hi
    I have received an order for 8 cases of our Summer Merlot from Japan today. On googling the address trying to work out if it is genuine I came across the previous posts here on a similar subject.

He has ordered 8 cases of our Summer Merlot, forwarded a quote from a shipping group Adecco Shipping and wants to charge his credit card. Gave his client Id which I quoted to Adecco Shipping which they identified but this email looks sus too - how do I find out if a hoax or a failure in communication given language difficulties.

How do I check if the address is genuine or not
    Recipient:
    8-10 Palazio Himonya Bldg. 1F,
    2-chome Minami, Meguro-ku,
    Tokyo 152-0013,
    Japan

His name is John Bill - I know hardly looks japanese but some asians seem to change their names to more familiar english versions for ease of use when dealing over seas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Julie
    Bonking Frog Wines
    Australia

SCAM

Look at this:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599447

especially post #12

Great company name BTW

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

So the scam is charging for delivery. The business adds the cost to the customer order (always a lot because he wants heavy / lots of stuff shipped) and the delivery company (which doesn't exist) charges the money before coming to collect and then never appears.

This is similar to a consumer scam I saw on TV the other day. They drop a courier style 'while you were out' card on your mat and want £2.20 to redeliver. As soon as you hand over any payment details you get pillaged. They've been using a genuine address for a business centre in North London for the Courier company. Nobody there of course, but apparently 1-2 people a day have been turning up trying to find them.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Scam

This has to be a scam.
        The other day I received a email from,

LAURA SMITH
        8-10 Palazio Himonya Bldg. 1F,
        2-chome
        Minami, Meguro-ku,
        Tokyo 152-0013, Japan

She (or who ever it is) wanted 80 x Magnesium Oil 200ml. She mentioned that she has had problems with companies finding her address so she asked that it should be sent by Green Air Shipping and she gave me here customer ID, I received a quote from Green Air and Laura Smith accepted this quote no hesitation!? I checked online and could not find Green Air shipping at all, I checked Green Airs address (google maps is great) and it was in the middle of a houseing estate in London. I should have realized al this in the first place as the GreenAirShipping email was @yahoo.com!!!

Complete scam, watch out!!

Comment

Working...
        X