Shipping Ignoring My Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Ignoring My Settings

I have an up and running-well for years site with shipping calculations based on weight etc working fine. I have set up a second site using similar settings, but when I place a dummy order on my new site the shipping charge comes up as £3.94 (not one of the prices I have input anywhere) regardless of what I add to my basket. What am I missing? New site can be viewed at www.avidstitch.co.uk.

Sarah

With or without vat price i suspect. Or maybe you've not got the right default weight in. With such little information, it will be crystal balls or lucky guesses to explain why.

Comment

£3.95 is one of those numbers that you can't create entering ex-vat prices.
      i.e.

£3.43 plus VAT @ 15% is £3.94 <===
      £3.44 plus VAT @ 15% is £3.96

This will be the cause of the £3.94 figure.

Why it doesn't change depending on what's ordered will probably be down to the way the shipping tables are setup.

Mike

NB. Having tried it with 20 large RAF spitfires I got £4.95 which seems right to me. Is there anything less than 1Kg on the site that would warrant a £2.95 shipping charge?
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Sorted

Thanks for your help. I think I have sorted it. Firstly, I had not deleted some of the sample settings supplied by Actinic. Secondly, I had the first shipping weight set lower than the default. Correcting these two things seems to have done it.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
        X