Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selective States Error

Hi,

I use "States" in the UK to calculate shipping costs e.g. Mainland UK one price, Channel Island another etc. I found a very useful item in the KB namely

"Can I hide the 'States' list unless someone selects USA/Canada from the country drop-down?" - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45511

So i've used this and all ok. States only show if UK is selected. However I've found a bug. If when the customer selected "UK" but DOESN'T selected a "State" but simply clicks "Next". They are presented with the same screen (checkout 0) and an error saying "Please select a country". However on this new screen they can only select a country ie UK but not States show. So whenever the customer selects UK it keeps saying "Select a Country". It just loops and you can't get out of it. You can test it on my site - just add somehting to the cart, go the checkout choose UK but DONT select a state and you'll see what I mean. www.bigmatts.com

I'm assuming that the code changes to the layout described on the KB article need to go somewhere else so that when an error occurs it starts again. Or something like that.

Anyway I dont know where to start. Any help please.

Matt
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 12:20 PM. Reason: Updating kb links
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

re:Selective States Error

I believe this is a known issue.
    What we have done is change the default error message so that a customer experiencing this error knows what to do. We tell them to select another country and then re-select the correct country and the State box will appear.
    The error message can be edited at Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1 ID 196

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that. I have amended the error message. Is this error due to be fixed soon?

Matt
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Working...
      X