X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't get shipping right!

Hello,

I have looked through the forum, but can't find the answer to this -

I was using V8 with Royal Mail shipping - free for most items, but a few had a shipping supplement due to weight / size - all worked fine.

I recently changed to V9, and at the same time added a carrier option, priced at £4.99 to mitigate the effects of the postal strike. Customers could then opt for free Royal Mail, or pay for a carrier, which was OK, BUT the shipping supplement stopped working.

In trying to fix this, I have made matters worse, and now have options for Royal mail or carrier both coming up as free of charge, although the shipping supplement is now being added on as it should be!!!

I have shipping set up by zone/class, with categories Royal Mail or Carrier - Royal Mail set to free over £0.01, and carrier £4.99, and free over £49.99.
    The basis is set to "Category" in the zone / class tables.

Obviously I have some settings wrong, but can't now see the wood for the trees, so would really appreciate advice from someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks
    www.guidepost.uk.com

Take a snapshot, then import an old snapshot and look what you had setup previously, then import new snapshot back in and redo the changes.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for that suggestion - obvious once you've said it!

I have done that, so the situation is improved in that the two options of Royal Mail and carrier are both available at the correct prices. However, the shipping supplement is not being added if the Royal Mail option is selected, although it is being added for the carrier option.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rosalyn
      www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Now sorted - I had Royal Mail free over £0.01, thinking that the supplement would still be applied, but it is not, so have set cost of Royal Mail to 0, and unticked the "free over" box.
        www.guidepost.uk.com

Comment

Working...
        X