Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order that shipping methods appear

Hello,

just come across something in the way our shipping methods appear that i need to change. currently when a purchase is made the shipping methods (only two of them) are uk standard shipping and outside of the uk.

the outside of the uk method is appearing first in the list and i want it to appear second, how do i change this ???

Thank you

Dave

The Knowledge Base is your friend:http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45289
    Last edited by KB2; 22-Mar-2010, 11:05 AM. Reason: Updating kb links

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

hello rich,

done that and it's not worked? i did notice it was prompting to save to the output folder, is that right?

i removed the # from one and put it in another, did a site refresh, but the order has stayed the same.

Comment

made me laugh at the top . . . . . . .

*** Do not change this code unless you know what you are doing ***

very appropriate, this is why such a simple request should have already been built into such a big program, i find it bizarre this can't be changed simply . . . . . .

Comment

Right click on the class, select properties and tick to be bottom of the list on the one you want at the bottom.

Comment

lee thank you . . . . . found it and changed it but it still hasn't altered the order?

Comment

Make sure the other one isn't ticked also then.

Comment

it's not, and i also changed back the .pl file to how it was before to make sure i didn't confuse it even more. i've saved, exitted, refreshed and published, now i'm sucking my thumb like susan boyle lol

Comment

If your site is the fishing one, i have just checked it and i'm a bit confused.
                  If I select United Kingdom for the country, the class selection on the next screen then asks me for standard (which i might add is first in the list for me) or outside the UK. Surely if i have chosen UK on the first screen thats where it's going too?
                  "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Setup correctly the classes should be setup in zones, so only classes in that zone would show as options. Dave enjoys trying to get square wheels to roll though, so don't spoil his fun lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      Dave enjoys trying to get square wheels to roll though, so don't spoil his fun lol.
                      PMSL.... I wont
                      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

the class selection on the next screen then asks me for standard (which i might add is first in the list for me) or outside the UK
                        well this is what i'm on about . . . everytime i view it like i just checked after you posted that, outside the uk comes first in my browser?

lee, i'm not trying to make things complicated, quite the reverse believe it or not, all i've got is a standard uk zone and outside the uk zone, i'm making the changes that people are suggesting to me here then when i check it on my browser it hasn't changed! i've just tried the same thing on another pc three feet away in the office and it's exactly as chunke' says above . . . . .

i'm not even getting 'select country' at the basket stage, it's got uk already checked and then the outside uk zone is at the top of the list . . . . .

Comment

Are you aware that once you have used a machine to do an order that what you selected is remembered and auto selected the next time you try? This can often lead to people thinking something hasn't changed, when in fact it has, it's just that your previous order is making actinic try to be helpful on the current machine. Anyone else will see the changes. Delete cookies to mimic a new user each time.

Comment

lee, i did have an inkling that might be the case and i'm using explorer which i only use for printing ebay orders off (cos' firefox and ebays selling manager isn't a great printer combo) so i don't have the history/cookies settings to clear the same - just viewed the same thing in firefox and it's fine . . . .

i'll go make some changes to the settings . . . . then i'm going to take my frustration out on something small and defenseless lol

Comment

Originally posted by trafford View Post
                              then i'm going to take my frustration out on something small and defenseless lol
                              How you gonna go the loo if you do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X