Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA & Canada Shipping Problem

Hi

I've recently expanded the shipping zones on our website to include a number of new countries including the USA and Canada.

This has caused a problem whereby whatever country the customer selects they are asked to enter a state or province. But there is no box on the screen for them to actually select one from.

I understand that the problem is caused by the USA and Canada having a number of different shipping states that the customer can choose from. To try and get it to work I've deleted all of the different states from the USA and Canada so no states are available within the locations on Actinic. But still the error persists whenever the USA or Canada is available as a shipping option!

I want to offer customers the option of shipping to the USA and Canada. We don't need them to select a state for our shipping purposes. And we definitely don't want the error message anymore!

Can anyone please help?!

Many thanks!

Is this V10, see here.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks but that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't have the USA or Canada as shipping option without it asking for a State or Province for all countries

Comment

Add states

I had a similar problem recently and have solved it. Since upgrading to V10, I found that payments were being rejected by SagePay for US customers as the State field needed to be completed. Completing the field didn't help, as the customer had to select a state from a drop-down list. To get this, I had to add back in the States for the US, using Locations, selecting United States country on left and adding the states in the box on the right. Then adding these in the shipping settings. This was a tedious job - got a list of US States and codes off internet using Google, and had to enter each in turn.

Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah. Yeah I ended up having to re-enter the states for the USA, which didn't take as long as I'd first feared! That allowed it to work for the USA. Canada though would only work without their states being set up!

The overall problem was solved simply by making sure that the Billing State field was shown for both the delivery address and invoice address (it had previously been hidden) on the first page of the checkout.

Comment

Working...
          X