Shipping by Zone/Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping by Zone/Class

I have made a search of the forum, but cannot find an answer to my problem.

I have set up a site with four zones, based on 1kg and 10kg, charging differing rates for the first three Zones. This works admirably.

The problem comes with the fourth zone, which are spares for the main products. The client wishes to make only one charge of £5.50 no matter how many spares they purchase. I have therefore applied a charge of £5.50 and placed it in the Category band. On the product itself, under Details, I have shown the price of £5.50 under the Shipping Supplement and clicked the Apply Shipping Supplement Only Once per order. I've also clicked on the Exclude from Shipping Band Calculation.

This works if only this product is chosen, no matter how many items are added to the cart.

It only becomes a problem when the customer adds another of the spares to the cart, as this then adds another £5.50 to the mix.

If anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

The site can be found at http://www.chainscreens.co.uk and the spares are towards the bottom of the menu.

Thanks,
    David
    -----------------------------
    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Sounds like a flawed setup if using category based shipping, you just need a plain matrix based on quantity or just put a weight in that noone will ever buy, set the charge at £5.50 and set excess to use highest value in table.

You have no requirement for category based shipping on the 4th zone and probably not at all, if indeed you are using it on other zones.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've tried both quantity and weight and they nearly work. Unfortunately, some of the products have to allow for multiple purchases and the spares I speak of are contained in three separate pages.

The best option - quantity - seems to work better, except that as soon as someone orders from one of the other pages, it triggers to the next value up. This is in spite of limiting the option - use highest value in table.

It may well be acceptable to the client at this point, shall have to wait and see!

Just to explain the other choices for the bulk of the site - they are set up to use the Weight category covering the Zones for the UK and 2 zones in the EU. They charge a fixed fee for one item and I've used the trigger 'Highest value plus' to increase the shipping charge, and this works correctly.
      -----------------------------
      www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Working...
      X