Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with Despatch Bay

Hi All,
    I have been using despatch bay quite happily for the past 6 months and wondered if anyone has used their API instructions to integrate with Actinic.

I am not a perl or php coder so it is too time consuming for me to challenge.

Just a quick after note, If you go to DespatchBay.com you can get £12.00 of free delivery when you use the code 1GD7G to give it a try.
    Last edited by kipper; 14-Apr-2011, 04:35 PM. Reason: add promo code
    Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Despatchbay's service seems to be getting worse.

They no longer do a same day ad-hoc collection. It's now a next-day collection, with next-day delivery the day after so now taking 2 days at best.

It also appears HDN have bought DHL's Home delivery operation and are already closing branches, changing drivers, Vans, etc.

HDN of course are the bunch who made such a mess of amazon's christmas deliveries a year or so ago. Not too surprising then that they're going to rebrand the whole operation as YODEL.

Something to keep an eye on if you ask me.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      HDN ...... Not too surprising then that they're going to rebrand the whole operation as YODEL.
      Says it all really
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Kipper - have you got anywhere with this? We are just coming across the same issue. Codepath can custom make something to work with their API, but it wouldn't make sense for us to pay them the full cost of making a plug-in that other people could benefit from too!

DespatchBay have just re-done their system, not sure what has changed though. We would be a potential new customer if we can get this sorted.

The problems with the same day ad-hoc collection was that DHL changed their system - you had to book in the day before. We were using DHL/Yodel last season. Many a time we would sit down in the evening (working from home) and suddenly remember we hadn't done the booking! But at least they didn't need the names and addresses beforehand...

Comment

No, still no further with the integration. I have a friend who is a programmer and will be looking at this for me soon as he just started a new job when I first asked him.
          Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Working...
          X