DHL Tracking Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHL Tracking Notifications

We use DHL via Parcel2Go for international deliveries (DHL Euro Plus and Worldwide Express).

We have had a parcels returned to sender that has evidentally had insuffficient delivery information. We did not check tracking until the customer asked where the goods were.

Looking at the tracking information at DHL the it says 'Address information needed; contact DHL'. The problem is DHL did not contact us at all and of course after three weeks the parcel was returned.

Shouldn't DHL contact the shipper in cases such as this?

Has anyone used an SMS/email service such as this: http://www.usetrackthis.com/ ?
    Or can anyone suggest any other similar service?

We would like an email at each tracking change.

EasyView

We are using Yodel DHL, and they provided the DHL software called EasyView where DHL contact you through this regarding any problem and vice versa. We have been only using it for a few weeks, but so far the query system has worked OK.

Sarah

Comment

Sod's Law

Because I said yesterday that we had had no problem with Yodel DHL, today a problem arose, but Yodel DHL dealt with it very promptly. A customer notified us that her parcel had been sitting at the local delivery depot for 12 days, we used the EasyView system to message Yodel DHL as to what was the problem, and they replied within about an hour to say that it could not be traced and to make a claim. Just a shame that Yodel did not pick up this themselves sooner, and that our customer did not chase it up sooner.

Sarah

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I now routinely put the customers telephone number all over the address labels of my overseas parcels.
        "Live in England, and subject yourself to the punishing taxes of envy, it's hard to be a winner in a society dedicated to the glorification of losers."

Comment

Working...
        X