To Ship or not to ship that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Ship or not to ship that is the question

I'm setting up my shop on V9 and the majority of what I am selling is actually a service not a product. I'm using the shop for clients to book our services and pay a deposit or the full fee online. I therfore have nothing to ship to them and it seems a bit odd to be asking them for shipping details. I can obviously set the shipping to £0 but actinic still assumes I'm sending something out.

I guess I need to go down the digital download route and the client can then download a booking confirmation or similar. I believe I have set the shipping in the business settings to be based on quantity or weight which would exclude the dd from shipping but I'm still being asked for shipping details during checkout.

Any ideas gratefully recieved. I have trawled the forums but to no avail.

kind regards

Leigh

Untick the 'shipping charges made' tickbox on the shipping setup screen? see if that removes all mention of it.

Comment

leehack,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes indeed that did get rid of, so in a way I'm a schmuck as that was really easy! However, I guess I was looking at it in a slightly different way as I will probably want to add in products to the shop later that will require shipping. I guess the easiest way will be to add a "shipping component" to those products that need it. Any other workarounds/thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks

Leigh

Comment

There is a setting in business settings regarding shipping on DDs, make sure you have that ticked. On each product individually you have a variety of shipping options too, pretty sure one of them is to exclude from shipping calcs.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          There is a setting in business settings regarding shipping on DDs, make sure you have that ticked. On each product individually you have a variety of shipping options too, pretty sure one of them is to exclude from shipping calcs.
          Thread hopping eh! Thanks Lee, yeah I have looked at that option. In Business Settings I have checked the option to "Exempt DD products from shipping" and then in the product itself in the Details tab the "Exclude from shipping band calculation" gets greyed out. However when you go through to checkout it still asks for the shipping adddress to be filled out rather that just the invoice address which is what you get when you disable shipping for the whole site. I'd love to get this one fixed as I have some items that require shipping and some tha don't:-) Thanks again for your time!

Kind regards

Leigh

Comment

Rename the field to say 'Invoice address' instead of 'shipping address' in design > text and remove the option to have a different delivery address? Maybe something like that will give actinic what it wants but also give you what you want?

Comment

Working...
            X