No announcement yet.

Shipping Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not need to input prices on the permutation, set it to use the price from the hidden product. Also on that hidden product input the weight, all you are doing basically is telling the system that when someone buys this option, they are in fact buying this 'real' product. That 'real' product has all the price, weight data etc.

You should use the product options wizard, even if you do not use the help, let the wizard step you through it, so much quicker, put a dummy stock figure in during the process too, you will see it creates the products and hides them for you.

Technically i guess you only need to create a product for the heavier product, i'd recommend doing them all though.

Comment

Now I see, I wasn't using the stock option before so it wasn't creating the hidden options.

The problem being, I have already created all my products including price options.

So will it be quicker to create a dupliacte of all products and set the new weight on them or start from scratch?
      Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

I finally cracked it, I see what you mean with the wizard linking everything up for you.

So now I have product displayed on screen, then two hidden products telling the system price and weight.

Quite simple when you think about it, only problem is I have now got to go back over hundreds of sweets now.

Not to worry though

Thanks again Lee
        Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

What We Do etc

Please note regarding weights of products: if you are selling, for example, a 280g jar of jam, the jar contains 280g of jam, but the product actually weights 444g because glass jars are heavy. You need to add to the 444g a weight for packaging materials. We enter, therefore, about 450g for the packed weight of the product, in the product details and do this for every product.

For UK mainland customers, we have two options visible to the customer in the Checkout: Up to 2 Working Days and Up to 3 Working Days. We do not mention which carrier, as we select this ourselves depending on various factors. We have a table set up for each of these in the shipping settings. with a number of weight bands. With both the shipping options, in reality most are delivered the next working day, but we manage customer expectations by telling them longer, with "up to".

We give general details of despatch and delivery on our Terms & Conditions page, and have direct links to the appropriate sections of the page in an Info box on the right of each page of the website.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

We have taken this into consideration thank you,
            Retro Sweets Shop

Comment

Working...
            X