Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request Location information early ?

Hi
    I have been trying to work out how to get Actinic to show the shipping charges on the 'shopping cart pages'

Searching through the threads I came across mentions of an option to 'Request Location Information Early', but I don't seem able to find this option in V.10 - has anyone got any idea if this is still a relevant option ?

Or is there an alternative I can use.....maybe even to have Actinic always assume the order is a UK order - which is always the case with us ?

If anyone can point me in the right direction to achieve the Carriage Charge showing immediately on Shopping Cart Page I would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Its within the Business Settings under Ordering panel, then Misc area.

Comment

Thank you I-CC !!

I can't believe how many times I have looked and not spotted it there!

But...in my case it is greyed out - any idea why this should be - I am guessing there are other options that affect its availability ?

Comment

Click the tooltip (the blue ?) and then click on it, will probably explain why. I expect you need to have a certain type of shipping selected, which you probably do not.

Comment

Hi

Found out why it is greyed out....help pages state that to use this option you must use 'Quantity on Confirmation Page' Shopping Mode set from within 'Design Options'.

Tried this method as I wasn't sure what it was going to look like to the customer, so uploaded it and looked at the site and I have to admit it is terrible - I have never personally shopped on a site that presents a buying experience on their website like it. It is truely awful - so not a route I will be following.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can show the calculated carriage charges on the 'shopping cart pages' so that the customer does not have to fill in all their details before finding out the carriage ? Our Carriage charges are weight based.

Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Comment

No easy or standard way of doing that, how could you ever do that anyway if they didn't tell you where they lived, unless you have one matrix for the whole world. Perhaps you could start to look at shipping as a global business cost, average it out and relay this info in the header area of the site, so all can see instantly. Perhaps even have a delivery page and a free shipping over bracket. You've already missed the boat if you want them to find out at the checkout stage. Shipping is one of the biggest abandoned cart factors, for that reason alone, you should have this info available and visible on first entering your site and have the charging easy to follow.

Comment

Working...
            X