Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely lost with locations and shipping tables.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely lost with locations and shipping tables.

I've had reply from support on this but I am still completely baffled as to what I can do.

There have been some other threads on here along the lines of what I want but between them, the KB, the reply I've had from tech support and what I have looked at in the user guides either it's not possible to get a work around the way I want to do it or I am just too stupid to understand what I am being told/reading.

Basically I have a courier account which charges different rates for different zones in the UK.
    • England, Wales and Bottom end of Scotland pay x
    • Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland pay y
    • The Scottish Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and Channel Islands pay z

Some of the zones crossover a little, i.e. some Aberdeen postcodes are on one rate and some are on another.

Going by the threads I have found they all seem to recommend that I break the UK up into individual zones (states). Tech Support said to do this in Business > Locations.

I've added a couple as testers but can't seem to find anywhere that allows these to be selected when completing checkout on the site. If people aren't able to select from them how can I have the rates adjusted according to zone (state)?

I'm also at a loss as to how I would set rates for these classes in the Zone/Class tables in Business Settings.

Generally speaking I can find ways to get things done in the software but this is completely passing me by.

Is there a step by step idiots guide on how to set up locations/zone classes anywhere? Basically a "click on this, then click on this" type of thing. Tearing my hair out here with this at the moment.

As is often the way, something clicked in my brain and I now have the option to choose a State/Province in checkout and it then gives the appropriate rate (or at least it will do once I have updated the tables).

Exported the default shipping tables which allowed me to see how I can add my shipping table for an import too.

Only thing remaining now is whether it can be made compulsory to enter a state/province? and would that cause problems for people in other countries?

Comment

Originally posted by doubleg View Post
      Only thing remaining now is whether it can be made compulsory to enter a state/province? and would that cause problems for people in other countries?
      I believe that if states/provinces are used for any particular country then any customer from said country will be forced to choose a state/province. The state/province choice is only applicable to the country that it is set up for & therefore won't be available as a choice for other countries.
      Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Excellent work.By saying this you have hit the head of the nail.cheers
        Plumbing Englewood NJ
        plumber North Plainfield
        plumber Miami Beach
        North Palm Beach Plumbing

Comment

Working...
        X