Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Shipping with V11

Hi guys,

This may or may not have been asked before but i am pulling my hair out in regards to international postage fees.

I have a website where we sell all sorts of electrical items ranging in all different sizes and weight (im talking 5000+ products) and i need to find a simple method have actinic work out the postage on the fly when customers place orders.

Now i know you can do things by weight but that would mean weighing over 5000+ products which is fairly time consuming plus royal mail seem to update there pricing a lot and im not sure what the best course of action is.

Anyone had experience in this that could offer me some advice/guidance??
    Martin Smith
    Furneaux Riddall & Co Ltd
    Suppliers of Marine Electrical Equipment

I suspect your easiest way would be too group each product into one of three categories. Small, Medium and Large (or 4 if you need them).

The key things you're trying to achieve are:

1. The customer not feeling over-charged. So some kind of pricing in proportion makes sense.

2. A clear, understandable shipping price so customers can understand why the shipping charges are what they are.

3. Shiping charges that are fair and reasonable to both you and the customer.

So I'd probably assign one of three weights to each product based on the approximate size / weight and base my shipping charges on that basis.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes i did concider this but the problem im facing is that weights from say 1kg to just 2kg change from £10-£20 and like you mentioned earlier i don't want my customers feeling ripped off.

I think my only method is to have every product have a weight value with royal mail post values set up within actinic.
      Martin Smith
      Furneaux Riddall & Co Ltd
      Suppliers of Marine Electrical Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by FurneauxRiddall View Post
        I think my only method is to have every product have a weight value with royal mail post values set up within actinic.
        Correct.

Choose what is the most common weight and have that as the default weight in actinic, you only need to add weight to products that are not that weight then. Can often do 60-70% of products this way, if not more.

Comment

Working...
        X