Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodity codes and country of origin on invoice

Credit to Gary for this:

As from 31 Januaryu 2020 when we leave the EU we will apparently need to show Commodity codes and Country of Origin on the invoice.

The 'Report Description' option within each product can have the codes and origin recorded here. This will show up on the invoice and packing list.

To activate this, please go to 'Settings | Business Settings | Options' and tick the box 'Enable Extended Product Description for Customer Reports' and click 'OK'.

A new panel will then appear on the 'Product Details' pane of each product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCCOOProd.png
Views:	787
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	551907

Which produces this on the invoice: -

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCCOOInv.png
Views:	1191
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	551908

Thank you again to Gary Green at SD
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

This is really helpful except where you have a product which is components with different codes and different countries of origin. I'm thinking of putting all the codes on every packing list and invoice with a note for customers to contact us for country of origin if necessary. Lance Forman and other idiots like him have flunbkies to do this kind of work. We don't.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I've just added the relevant codes and find they're not printed on the packing list. Maybe because I'm using a custom one.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Are you sure about this? (I haven't seen a notice from HMRC on this)

#1 : I thought no-deal won't happen at the end of this month, so we will be in a "transitional period" = no changes until we finally leave (currently = end of year)

#2 : We currently export to outside of the EU and we don't "have to" show the commodity codes/country of origin, why would that be different to the EU? EU requires it?
        - eg. we ship via Parcelforce or FEDEX, when booking a delivery - you have to enter in the contents with fields available for HS code and Country of Manufacture - but it's not "required" "on the invoice"...

- it certainly makes it easier for customs purposes to "see" it on the invoice on inspection at destination country.

I know that having an EORI Number is essential
        and we also have a TSP Authorisation Number (but "you'll only need to use TSP if the UK leaves the EU without a deal" - which could still happen at the end of the year)

## Good to know there's a way in Sellerdeck

Comment

DPD (red) site has some notes on this and example - attached...

Their example shows that:

HS, Country of Origin, VAT = "optional"
          EORI = "mandatory"

- but notice the extra blurb at the bottom
          For customs purpose only.
          I declare that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
          The exporter of the products covered by this document declares that, except where otherwise clearly indicated, these products are of EEC preferential origin.
          That probably needs adding - sometimes I get asked to amend invoices with that (or similar)...

When we return empty reels to our supplier in Greece

We declare to the shipper:
          We hereby confirm that the shipment described above & it’s packaging is in free circulation in the European Community and that it qualifies for Community (T2L / T2LF as appropriate) status. We also instruct you to declare goods as Community status for all Customs purposes (including manifest or Community status documents, as applicable) under direct representation
          and on the invoice we have this:
          We hereby confirm that the shipment described above & it's packaging is in free circulation in the European Community and that it qualifies for Community (T2L / T2LF as appropriate) status.
          Our sales are mostly UK, so to have all above blurb on each invoice seems mad.
          - hopefully Sellerdeck can do something - different reports for different countries/regions?
          - Maybe in the meantime, create different versions for UK / EU / Non-EU, and create a .bat file to copy between them... unless there's another solution?
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X