Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Delivery Address - Invoice Address Country

V18.2
    Just noticed after checking out an order received today that if a different Delivery Address is selected when an order is placed that it is possible to Select any Country from the full list of Countries in the Invoice Address Country field.
    Is this a glitch as I would have expected that the Invoice Address Country should be limited to those countries selected for the Shipping | Zone/Class Tables as is the default the for the same Delivery Address Country?
    Can this be changed somewhere in Site Settings or is there some other work around?
    Martin
    Mantra Audio

I don't think that should happen. If you right click the shipping zone in your shipping Zone / Class Tables and select 'Properties' you should be able to see the countries that the shipping zone allows.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      I don't think that should happen. If you right click the shipping zone in your shipping Zone / Class Tables and select 'Properties' you should be able to see the countries that the shipping zone allows.
      Yes that's right as I tried a test order and when I entered the Invoice | Billing address the only countries that were available to select were those set up in the shipping Zone / Class Tables 'Properties', however, when I ticked Deliver to a Different Address on Checkout (UK in this case), the shipping Zone / Class Tables 'Properties' countries were presented for selection here which is as it should be, but, the Invoice Address including Country (Left Column Field) could be changed here selecting another country from the all Country listing!

Took a while to figure out how I had received an order with an Invoice Address from a Country that was not on the shipping Zone / Class Tables 'Properties' List (ie Russian Federation) for delivery to a UK address.

Card details etc. checked out okay so we took the risk and processed the small value order.

Martin
      Martin
      Mantra Audio

Comment

I had this, there is a way to fix it but it has evaded me. It's something odd like every payment method regardless of if you have it enabled has to be limited to UK.
        I'll try to find the exact solution....
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Here you go - should help, this is what Gary in support provided to me:

If delivery to separate address then the invoice address can be for a non-shipping country.
          When the delivery address is allowed to be different, and the tax is by delivery address, then the invoice country is any country, unless all of the payment options are restricted by location.
          Restricting one payment method will not make any difference to the invoice address country that may be selected.
          So what needs to happen, is all of the payment methods in ‘Settings | Business Settings | Payment and Security’ need to have ‘Limited by Location’ and the ‘UK’ selected, then click ‘OK’ and upload the site for the changes to be made online.
          NOTE: Even the payment methods that are not used online must be selected to make this work.
          https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thank you Ed for sharing the solution.

We do supply outside the UK (not EU) at the moment so I configured the 'Limited by Location' to include all countries configured in the shipping Zone / Class Tables 'Properties'

We only have one PSP set up plus CNP / MOTO so re-configuration was relatively easy.

Invoice address country is now 'Limited by Location' to shipping zone country selection when Deliver to Different Address is ticked on checkout - verified by placing a test order.

Martin
            Mantra Audio
            Martin
            Mantra Audio

Comment

I agree thanks Ed. That's what I have as well but I've no idea where I read the solution when I set it up. Probably on here somewhere.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
              X