Email Problems - Ports Blocked ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Problems - Ports Blocked ?

I am having trouble sending emails through Actinic v7. none of the email are getting through although i recieve no error message

These are the results when i do a network settings test

Server - PASSED
    Connection - FAILED
    sockets - PASSED
    communications - FAILED
    authorization - FAILED
    message - CONNECTION REFUSED

I was also having trouble sending amails though Outlook and had to change the port from 25 to 587 even though my ISp AOL says it does not block port 25 and a telnet test seems to support this.

Is there any way to send email through a different port or via a different method.

Hi there

I'm afraid there is no way you change change the port numbers for Actinic. This is built in within the software. If AOL say they are no blocking you, then it could be down to a firewall or a proxy server? Are you running any of these?

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Have you tried using "localhost" as the smtp server address (without the quotes) to see if your hosting server can provide actinic emails using it that way? Works for some very well.

Comment

I am running a firewall but this has been disabled and there is no proxy server. I have just tried the local lost thing and that does not work ( 1and1 is the hosting company ). I have tried to implement normans patch but i don;t really know how it works, any ideas?

Comment

Read this thread. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=6981

I think you'll find the posts at the end help.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

namunday, if you are by any chance are hosted by 1and1, I can tell you I am running into the same problems! I will get in touch with 1and1 this morning and find out what is going on. I will post their answer on this forum.

Comment

Spoken to 1and1 and there is only one thing you can do according to them. You have to change the smtp server to the following:
              mrvnet.kundenserver.de

Or alternatively, as I thought, since your site is running on a trusted machine on their network, you can just unselect the username and password flag and that will work as well.

Either way, here should be your solutions.

Comment

Working...
              X