Actinic SSL not displaying golden padlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently using and paying for Actinic Shared SSL but my site is not displaying the golden padlock at the checkout.

Having checked out the Knowledge Database the problem would seem to be that SSL is not switched to ON under View/Business Settings/Payment, however the problem is that this is greyed out and not accessible.

How do I access this switch and which radio button on the right ("Checkout pages.." or "Whole site") should be used?

Hi,

I don't think that this is the problem - this box only becomes active if you have your payment "Capture" method configured as Standard SSL rather than Shared SSL. We use Actinic Shared SSL with no problems. Is your payment page displayed in a frame? If so then the padlock will not display but you can look at the security credentials of the page by right clicking and selecting properties.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

IMIS
    IMIS
    www.crombie.co.uk
    www.bonasana.com
    www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Hi IMIS

I had already read that you have to check the box in Design/Options/Misc for "No Frames in Checkout" so this is not the problem.

While I can appreciate that you can check security of the checkout page by right clicking it most customers would not know this and look for the familiar golden padlock which not displaying.

I thought the whole point of paying for Actinic Shared SSL was to actively display our site's security through customers seeing the golden padlock symbol.

Help please!

Graham

Comment

Please give us the URL of your site so we can see what might be causing the issue. You should be seeing a golden padlock.

Are you using frames at all in your store?

Comment

Chris

URL is http://www.quovadis-diaries.co.uk

Frames? Not knowingly. "Use Frames in Catalog" is UNchecked and "No Frames in Checkout" is checked so presumably not.

Solve this and you can pick a diary off our site

Graham

Comment

Err... erm... (see attached pic)
            Attached Files

Comment

Chris

Doh! But I thought it was a big swirly thing in the middle of the page. I've seen that on other sites. That's what I was looking for (and presumably some of my customers).

Anyway, thanks and the offer of a free diary still stands.

Grahm

Comment

Working...
              X