Inventory control during shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory control during shopping

In my old shopping cart software it can be set to prohibit sale of a product if quantity ordered exceeds our stock in hand. For example, the customer orders 8, I have 5, so 5 goes into the cart, not 8. The customer gets a warning that 8 were not available.

I've checked "Stock Monitoring", entered stock quantities, and set warn/suspend levels. Under the 'Details' tab I have minimum ordered set to 1, maximum to 0 (no maximum). I tested and I can limit sales to a preset fixed maximum by entering a non-zero number.

BUT...how can I set the maximum to equal the stock on hand automatically, and not a preset maximum. Due to our sales volume, manually changing the maximum level as sales occur is not an option.

When using the Actinic titles to maintain stock levels, it updates the online levels and suspends availability only after an order download, so if you have 10 of a product and 5 get purchases, then 10 will stay available until the orders are downloaded, at which point it then records that only 5 are available, so on and so forth until it gets to 0 on the last order download.

You might want to automate your software to conduct an order download every 30 minutes maybe or so to cover this aspect if it is important enough for you, but live stock control is not provided in Actinic

Comment

Working...
    X