Network Setup Wizard Woes - Hostway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Setup Wizard Woes - Hostway

This is the e-mail i have sent to Hostway, can anyone else shed some light ?

Ok guys I am going crazy here ,

Even though you have checked the settings over and over , I have asked other people to check to , I am still not getting anywhere !

Actinic has a wizard for setting up which i was now advised to try to use , but when asked the question :
    Secure Server Path
    The Perl scripts executing on the secure server may not use the same path to the Catalog directory as those on the http server. Please enter the directory where your web files are located. The view on the left hand side is a view of your server's directories (as seen by the CGI script). Please select the web root directory and press the ">>" button to copy the directory name into the web root directory field. If you want to refresh a directory listing, please close the folder and then re-open it. If you know the directory path already, you can type it directly into the text box.
    **********************************************************************************
    it directs me towards :- D:/WWWRoot/jacks.uk.com/secure

I have tried this and :
    D:/WWWRoot/jacks.uk.com/www and
    D:/WWWRoot/jacks.uk.com/secure/acatalog and
    D:/WWWRoot/jacks.uk.com/www/acatalog and
    ../secure and most combinations but i get the ERROR :
    *****************************************************************************

The CGI script does not have proper access to the catalog web directory The catalog web directory is the one named 'acatalog' in the web root directory. Contact your ISP and have thenm correct the permissions :

The FTP user does not have permission to create directories in the catalog web directory
    The FTP user does not have permission to delete directories in the catalog web directory.

******************************************************************************

Do you have any other clients using Actinic Catalog version 6 that you can get the settings from ?

Please Help Me.
    Where's the "Any" Key ?

I have just recieved this from Hostway Support , is this correct , what am I doing wrong ?

Dear Mark,

Could you please let us know whether you want to use the Standard address or the SSL address for the Actinic catalog as it is very unlikely that you will use both addresses for it.

This is the folder structure on our windows 2003 servers
    D:\wwwroot\jacks.uk.com
    \www
    \cgi-bin
    \acatalog
    \secure
    \cgi-bin
    \acatalog
    Therefore the path from the cgi-bin directory is ../acatalog/

All the other settings appear to be correct.
    Where's the "Any" Key ?

Comment

Well, unusual but not unheard of to run the entire site in SSL (https) web space, but the normal way is to operate the site in normal http space and then the checkout process under SSL.

Comment

Working...
      X