Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Host config settings

Hi,
    having a nightmare trying to set up my connection between Actinic and my host.

The host is BT Broadband, does anybody have or know the config settings needed to get our shop moving

Main errors are server name cannot be resolved, CGI bin url is incorrect, path to perl shell

I have tried to get confirmation from BT but to no avail (I only get an email with 100 links to thier help pages which tell us nowt )

HELP ME PLEASE
    Thanks in advance DMZ1966

You should read this thread:

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...3&highlight=bt

Unless BT have sorted out the permissions issues then it sounds like there's no chance of it working.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thats me jiggered then

Of to find a new host me thinks. Any recomendations?

DMZ1966
      www.magicboxgifts.co.uk

Comment

I'm currently with 4sure hosting and I have to say that they've always been very helpful whenever I've had any problems, which is very rare. They have a full set of network setup files for download for all versions of Actinic which is a great help for any newbie like myself ! They do Actinic hosting plans which can help anyone put together an Actinic site without too much trouble. Hope this helps.

Graham

www.targetairweapons.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the recommendation Graham

Comment

Cheers Graham

Registered with them yesterday. Looks like this host will be nice and easy to work with AND they respond to questions

Ta

Comment

Welcome aboard DMZ1966

Comment

no worries.

Just trying to put my website theme into actinic dev. Any good areas for me to learn or get tutorials?

All a bit scary at the minute.

Cheers
                DMZ

Comment

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm has design and advanced user guides (AUG) which covers many things that developers and designers of sites might need to know.

The AUG is updated with new stuff as and when Actinic deem something of use has come to light (mostly from this forum), so it is a continnual work in progress and a great resource.

Comment

Hi there.

In regards to design, we do a couple of guides. Try Designing with Actinic and the Advanced User Guide for size.
                    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

cheers guys. Just had a peek at them and they look quite extensive.

Onward and upwards

Cheers
                      DMZ1966
                      www.magicboxgifts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X