editing the html in /acatalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing the html in /acatalog

We have moved our shop to a different domain, and coded into the pages is our old URL pointing to the scripts. I have been trying to edit these pages, which I have done, but when I try to upload the changes I am denied access i.e I can't execute in the folder /acatalog. Why?

I made the changes using MSFrontpage (ugh!) thinking this would resolve it but it hasn't.

My ISP has also changed the permissions on the files but all to no avail.

What next?

And this is before we upgrade to V6 (!).......
    Chris Garcia
    Producer
    O art - moving image art

So, the issue is you have hard-coded links in your overall layout tempaltes that point to your old domain? And you want to change those to point to your new domain? How did you do them before? Did you use front page before?

Anyway, I think your problem is not related to this, and is more related to the permissions on your new server. On Unix servers, you need 777 on the acatalog folder. On Windows servers you need 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions in the 'acatalog' directory for the FTP account user ID. The acatalog directory also requires the 'IUSER_<servername> internet guest' account to have access with 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions.
    Actinic also requires NTFS file permissions for the acatalog directory within IIS of 'read, write, execute'.

Comment

Working...
    X