Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up shop using more than one pc

Hallo,

I am a web designer about to recommend actinic to a new client but need the answer to this question before I go for it.

The client wants their site (complete with shop) designed remotely but will need to be able to change the product info and do all the business side of things on their own machine. I want to design the shop in the style of the site as a whole, on my machine.

If the client buys the software and installs it on their machine, am I going to be able to isolate and work on the templates on my pc? How difficult or impractical is this?

Please tell me that this is common practice and all I have to do is three simple steps...........

Yes there re optionswithin catalog to opt for.

Design on one machine and order processing on another is common practise - with 1 licence

Comment

Great - thanks Jo - but how does it work?

Who buys and installs? And how easy is it for us to 'split' the files?

I don't mean to sound aggressive but this is the stuff of nightmare quotes........and I really want to make sure this is the right deal for them (and me of course!)

Comment

I will assume you are using Actinic Developer v6.

Design the whole store and then go to 'Developer | Deploy Site Snapshot'. On the last page of the snapshot wizard, you will have an opportunity to turn off 'Design Changes' on the target PC - thus locking them out of the themes, colours and template controls. This snapshot can then be imported onto a copy of Actinic Catalog or Actinic Business on their premesis (they will need a license which you will need to buy from us).

If you don't have Developer v6 then this is not an option. All you can do is untick 'Design Changes' in 'Business Settings | Options'.

Comment

Working...
        X