Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standalone Demo Problem

Hi All,

I've just installed Perl, Apache and WARFTP to create a standalone demo/test setup as per the AUG, but I'm having problems with Perl. When I type 'perl-v' at the command prompt I get the following error message:

'perl-v' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The path to Perl is OK - C:\perl\bin I'm running W2K and I've had this setup running fine on another PC, the only difference being the Apache version on the problem PC is a newer version than the original, although I wouldn't have thought this would have made a difference. Anybody any thoughts on this one ?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

It's perl <space> -v

You could also try c:\perl\bin\perl -v

If the second line works but the first doesn't then do a reboot as the PATH to Perl may need to be set yet.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the reply. Oops ! my mistake - when I typed 'perl -v' it showed that perl was indeed working. The reason I queried this was because whenever I tried to upload the site to my local PC and then tried to view it to see what it looked like everything was a total mess.

When I typed ftp localhost > cd cgi-bin > dir (as per the AUG) I didn't have a list of files shown. According to the AUG this is a file permissions problem within WARFTP, but having gone through all the WARFTP settings I can't spot anything wrong ! That's not to say there isn't though. The odd thing is that the standalone setup on my laptop worked fine and now produces the same results. I'm not sure whether this happened after upgrading to 7.0.2 or before.
      I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me.

Graham

Comment

Can't really help much with WAR FTPd except to remind you that greyed out (but ticked) options aren't really set. You should click and set / unset each option manually until you get what you need.

I've used WAR FTPd (1.67.05) on numerous systems without problem.

Norman

PS - read the WAR FTPd Help / Contents / About the Author. Quite a lot there!
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X