Problems with Test Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Test Site

It seems I am having no luck getting my site to work properly using Actinics Trial webhost facilities.

I have uploaded twice now to two different locations. The CGI bin is not working as it should and I'm sure this is down to my Network settings.

I've followed the directions very carefully and these are the settings that result. Attached Jpg. As I have no idea what they should be, can anyone tell what might be amiss?

Hope someone can help

Myles Sinclair
    Attached Files
    www.magicalwonders.com

I am sure if you are still having these problems with the actinic trials service, that a quick call will resolve the problems you are experiencing.

Are you still having this issue?

Comment

Hello Techno,

The problem still remains. Have been trying to get this sorted as a support query since 19th October. The site was uploaded to an Actinic Support site where it worked fine. Then I was asked to upload it to the original trial site where it doesn't work. Now I've uploaded it again to a new trial site with the same results.

I'm pretty sure it's down to the Network settings being used in Actinic Host Mode. Either that or something on the trial server is not working properly. As there doesn't seem to be anyone else having these issues, it points more towards my settings.

Hopefully Actinic support will tell me what the settings should be, although it does seem to be taking rather a long time.

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles

What error messages do get when you try and do a Web | Refresh?

If you could get a screen print of any errors that you get, then that will help us get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Hi James,

I don't get any error messages when uploading or refreshing the site to my test space. Here's the Url for the site on Actinic trial server. You'll see on clicking "Contact US" that there is a problem with CGI.

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial8319/index.html

I've currently got a copy of the site uploaded to Kirans webspace where everything works fine. If you check out the screen shot from my first post, this shows the Network settings that don't seem to work for the trial site.

Bit of a mystery (or should that be misery)

Best wishes,

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Your 'contact us' button just has:

http://trials.actinic.com/cgi-bin/mf...CTION=SHOWFORM

and is missing the shop id bit (&SHOP=trlshop08319) as used in the other cgi-bin calls. i.e.:

http://trials.actinic.com/cgi-bin/os...P=trlshop08319

I don't know how you've generated the contact us button but that's where the problem is. You can get to the form if you use the correct link:

http://trials.actinic.com/cgi-bin/mf...P=trlshop08319

Mike
            Last edited by Mike Hughes; 15-Nov-2004, 10:43 AM. Reason: Edited to add the correct link working properly
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Myles

I cant seem to get onto your Actinic trial webspace, you say it all works fine using Kirans test space?

One thing to try would be to register for the trail space again, then upload to that... that way we can actually see if there is a problem with the trial server itself.

Comment

Hi Mike,

The "Contact US" is generated by Netquatevar:NavBmail. At least at this location. This worked fine when uploaded to Kirans Actinic support site. (I'm now using a bit of javascript in place of NavBmail, but that isn't because of the problems on the test site.

Also, if you try a transaction using dummy info on the trial site the page will hang on "wait while a receipt is being produced page"

I'm not too bothered now. Kiran has said I can use his space until it gets sorted (by Actinic) and I don't have any issues at his location.

Thanks for looking at this.

Best wishes,

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi James,

Try this link for the latest trial site

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial8319/index.html

This is the second URL I've registered for a trial site. It displays the exact same results as the first trial site.

This is the working version on Kirans webspace

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~kcsupport/test/index.html

I've made a couple of changes since it's been on Kirans space. But for a short while the sites were exact duplicates, except it worked on Kirans space but not on the trial space.

Many thanks,

Myles
                  www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Hi Myles

The contact us links on the test site and Kirans site are different, the one on the test site is trying to call the contact us form, where as the one on Kirans test site opens an email addressed to Info@hey-presto.demon.co.uk

Which method of contact us were you after.

Comment

Hi James,

Yes, I am now using the "Contact Us" (Javascript) code that hides email address from spammers, in place of the Netquotevar:Navbmail. I have a small issue on the go about the color of this link, but that is the subject of another thread.

Up until a few days ago, the sites were identical. I've been making some tweaks though (as you do) and uploading the latest version to Kirans site.

Best wishes,

Myles
                      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

In that case, the contact us link on the Kiren site works fine - although it is using a different method to the one on the trial site.

With regards to changing the colour of it etc... what have you put so far, have you tried putting font color tags surrounding the code?

Comment

Hi James,

I think you've misunderstood the issue on this thread. "The Contact Us" problem has been posted to the following.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=10631

This thread is in regard to my site not working properly on the trial site. The system hangs at the ordering process while waiting for the receipt page.

Mike mentioned the "Contact US" function as he believed that was causing a problem. I think the topic must have drifted a bit.

Myles
                          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

I just tried out uploading a default site to our test server using the java applet, and I got the same problem.

I will report this to our development team - I will let you know when I hear something back from them.

Comment

Mike mentioned the "Contact US" function as he believed that was causing a problem. I think the topic must have drifted a bit.
                              Not Quite. That was the only specific bit of information you gave on what the problem was. See the 5th post in this thread:

You'll see on clicking "Contact US" that there is a problem with CGI.
                              Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                              X