Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New site

Hi guys,

A bit of a long question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had developer edition for some time now but have yet to actually build a site with it. I have just found the perfect opportunity but my client isn't very computer literate so here is what I plan to do.

Build the site and host it myself with NAMESCO / Simply who I am a hosting reseller with. I would then purchase a copy of order manager and do the transactions for her - sending her an email for the items she needed to send out to customers.

Does this sound feasible?

Also there is a question over PSP etc. She currently has an account with Barclays and I know they offer a SSL or something but you still need a separate PSP, is this correct? My hosting provider offers SSL but can I just use PROTX or someone for the payment handling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know it is an excellent product and once I have built my first site and know what I'm doing I can get rolling!

Thanks,

Neil

It sounds feasible to me.

If you're doing the processing on the same PC as you have developer on then I wouldn't think you need order manager. You can process them on your copy of developer.

Yes, you can just use protx, secpay, etc as your PSP and won't need SSL yourself.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I did some Actinic training a year or so ago and I seem to remember that there was an issue with using developer to download a clients orders - is this correct anyone from the Actinic team?

Cheers,

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil

As Mike says, what you said sounds feasible.

If you are downloading the orders on the same machine you are uploading from, then you dont need to purchase Order Manager...

Order Manager is used when you have 2 pc's, one doing the web changes and uploading, and one simply doing the downloading and order processing.

As for PSP's, any psp you use you wont have to have seperate ssl in place aswell, as all the psp's provide the secure space that you would get from ssl when you get to the checkout stages to enter you credit card details.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
        X