Customize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize

I've been reading all day into the manuals my employer gave me, but am having a hard time figuring out how to integrate Actinic's store functions into a custom HTML design.

What I wish to do is design the site in its entirety myself in HTML but use the Catalog function in small tables.

I guess this could be considered minimal use of all the great functions offered, but it is all I really need.

How does that work?...I'm your epitomal beginner.

Christy

Urk nobody has replied. I am fretting. I think I am overwhelmed by the material at hand...when I just want to make a simple, streamlined catalog page.

Maybe I should rephrase my question. How can I insert a product with Actinic catalog functions into a table?

Please help!

Thanks!

Christy

Comment

I don't think that catalog really works that way, it would be more the case of creating the look and feel of your site within Actinic.

Someone that knows nothing about web design (like me) can create an online shop that is passable using Actinic quite easily, but it is harder to customise the store.

I think that this is a question that has been asked many times before so it might be worth searching through the conferences to pick up the advice given there.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan is right. Actinic creates complete HTML pages that link to each other to build a working site. I think you'll have to look at using one of the "Clean and Simple" templates and then alter that to give you the look you desire.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The advanced user guide shows you how to insert the catalog functionality into your own HTML design.

While this may be overkill for what you want, you can create the whole catalog as described and then just link to the relevant product page (which will be your design with the product embedded in it).

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

It is in fact possible to design Actinic templates from scratch.

To do this, you create the index page seperately, which will obviously be the main page. The other template in your Actinic directory that requires changing is 'act_primary.html', which is the template for all pages to be built on. Providing you leave the netquotevars in for content, you can design a template around the outside.

If you have worked with Dreamweaver, it is much like creating a template; you fill in the outside to be generic on all catalogue pages and then specify the inside as an editable region through the use of the netquotevars so that Actinic knows where to stick in the images and text.

Hope that helps.
            John Sollars
            MD at Stinkyink.Com
            Ph 01746 781020
            Fx 01746 781698
            Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Hi,

This is something i do quite often strangely enough, have a look at www.speycast.co.uk/shop.asp for the proof.

The easiest way i feel is to put all your products into actinic then upload to the site, then download all the files and edit them in dreamweaver, or infact just copy the product table and paste it into your own pages.

I could sit and type about this all day but if you would like know more feel free to send me your questions. There are a few things you need to watch for!
              nathan@netformatt.co.uk

hope this helps!

Comment

forgot to mention, incase you notice that all the page names are "actinic" style, i named them that so that actinic search works

Comment

Working...
                X