Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Spacing on menu buttons

Hi,

I'm using clean layout 12, which gives me menu buttons down the left of the page.

I have replaced the supplied buttons with my own. The gaps between the buttons are very big, and ideally I would like no vertical space at all to be visible.

Which templates should I change, please?

Martin Peake

Hi Martin,

The navigation button for the menu is coming from a template called Act_NavigationItem.html. This template sets up for one button, then for each button it will use the same template. If you can't achieve the look and feel of what you want, then i would suggest to open Act_Primary.html.

Search for "NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE" and remove this. This variable is what brings up the navigation. In its place simply hard code your navigation buttons instead.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the advice Nadeem. I have removed the <br>s etc from Act_NavigationItem.html, and now my buttons only have a small gap between them - see http://www.smartcolour.info/acatalog/indexShop.html.

Where is this gap defined, I wonder? I really would like the buttons crammed together with no gap whatsoever, but I'm not sure I can do that within Act_NavigationItem.html.

Comment

Hi Martin,

Try the following.

Go to "Design | Options | Miscellaneous". Put a tick for "Compact HTML/CGI", once you have done this, simply do an upload or a preview.

Has this reduced the gaps?

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem, the gaps are still there. Tiny, but present nevertheless. Is there anything else I can try?

Comment

Hi there

Sorry, but i am out of ideas. If you have a specific design for your navigation, then i would suggest in hardcoding the navigation in Act_Primary.html

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X