Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI Script Setting Error HELP !!

Hi,

I have a problem regarding uploading and testing my server when i get to "Testing CGI Script Settings.." i get a big pop up which i can't close with an exclamtion mark in the yellow triangle and i have to restart Actinic.
    I'm sure all the permissions are correct.

Please Help !!
    Last edited by Mad Cowboy; 27-Nov-2004, 04:30 PM. Reason: need help quick

Is there any information in that popup?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

if its the big popup with loads of code on it and takes up the whole screen and mentions cgi wrap, then it probably means your CGI bin does not have the correct permissions.

if you are on a unix box then you need 755

Comment

yes its just a big grey pop up with no text, doesn't matter too much now as i'm getting more joy from my other server, i was hoping to use the other as a back-up site i'm having problems with that server anyway unrelated to Actinic.

It strange because the sever is testing fine now i'm only getting two errors. This at the end of testing the server:

Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
        server: passed
        connection: passed
        sockets: passed
        communications: passed
        authorisation: passed
        Unable to create a file in the web page directory.

Permission denied

Unable to create a sub-directory in the web site directory.

Permission denied

----------------------------

AND:

A General Script Error Occurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Error: Error opening ../acatalog/82Z32Z169Z12A1101590187B15576.session (Permission denied)
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner.

Now this is probably the permissions problem ???
        i'm onto my server to get everything sorted, should be soon.

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated, thanks for the reply i was seriously paniced like some of the others i've read, over the worst now !!

I'm with Netbenefit on a Windows 2003 server, seeing as i bought Actinc as part of their package it would be a bit stupid for it not to work !??

Its weird because if i could sort this out i think i'll be fine !

Cheers
        Last edited by Mad Cowboy; 27-Nov-2004, 09:26 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Hi Ian

We do have some Actinic sites running on Windows 2003. They have a different setup from 2000 in respect of setting up perl. Looking at your issue, it may be, that your site was not given the proper permission.

Hopefully Netbenefit will resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes its looking like permissions as ever !

I'm also getting an error message which could also be connected.
            A message telling me the index may be corrupted merge failed, something along those lines, but this maybe to do with the probelm you outlined.

i'm onto my server about it but havn't had any reply as yet going to chase them up later this week.

Thanks for that has put my mind at rest about the Operating System !

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X