Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to change shipping error msg

Does anyone know how to change the error msg:

Select Shipping Destination - The catalog shipping database does not have any shipping options defined for this location. Please contact us directly with your order.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phil

Please go to "Design | Text", click on the "Go To" button and type the following:

Phase -1
    ID: 25

Here you can change this prompt.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Re: your response above, do you just remove the text saying "error" so it is blank, to get rid of this message?

Regards

Comment

Hi June,

You could remove the text so it is blank, or simply reword it to what you want it to say. Having it blank may confuse the customers, so i would suggest in rewording it.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Is this just a superfluous error message which can be overwritten by text?

I took it that there was an error in the setting(s) somewhere and the payment couldn't be progressed any further?

Can you clarify - thanks

Comment

Hi June,

This is a specific error message when you don't have the shipping setup for that particular country. You can reword it to what you want it to be, it can be changed.
            But just remember the message will appear if the shipping has not been setup for that country.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

I'm totally confused - both the shipping and payment areas are set up for United Kingdom only as they should be. It shows United Kingdom on the checkout page as it should, but it comes up with this error message at the top for some unknown reason - the settings are fine, and match the settings on another site.

The only difference on this is that I have deleted all locations except UK which is still there in the Advanced/ location setting where it shows a list of all countries. So I deleted the ones not applicable

So what would you suggest in this case, please??

Comment

Hi June,

Hmmm that a strange one, especially if the settings are the same with the other site. Just out of interest, you've written:

The only difference on this is that I have deleted all locations except UK which is still there in the Advanced/ location setting where it shows a list of all countries. So I deleted the ones not applicable
                So you have deleted the countries (except for UK) from the "Advance | Location". Do you just have UK in "View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling"?

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Yes I only have UK in the shipping area with no handling costs and postage by weights

Comment

Working...
                  X