Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Recomendations?

Hi Folks,

Already posted the bones of this question as part of an ongoing discussion about the joys of Fasthosts in the V6 forum.

But as I now accept that I can't use their SSL service, I'm looking for recomendations and thought I'd throw it open to the might of the Actinic collective

My client wants SSL rather than the inbuilt java based encryption so...

Given that I can't use my Fasthosts SSL, how do I do it?

I presume a sharedSSL service will be the way to go - am I right in thinking I can still keep the non-secure side of the site hosted with FH or does the whole lot have to be moved?

And importantly... recommendations please! Don't want to be charged a fortune & seem to recall that there were cheaper solutions than Actinic's own £100 service. It's gotta work with Actinic though - I'm not dumping that!

I need SSL for this site, certainly another one in a few weeks and probably more to follow so knowledge of anyone that can do a deal for a number of sites would also be of interest. I don't partcularly want to move my main (non-SSL) hosting away from Fasthosts though, it would be a pain to migrate that many customers.

Cheers - Duncan

I would go with actinic shared SSL, or look at PSP's maybe protx if your client already has a merchant acct.

Comment

Working...
    X