Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Hosts

Hi everyone, I'd appreciate some help.

My Catalog v7 was working fine with my old host. I had no problems at all uploading the site. But I've since changed to a different hosting service and I've been completely unable to get the network configuration wizard to run all the way through. I've told the hosting company all the configuration requirements for Actinic to run, and they say they can't see any problem.

However, every time I run the network configuration wizard it gets as far as "FTP configuration paths" and then it just hangs there until the host's firewall blocks me from the server. I've tried manually inputting the the Network Setup settings, but when I test the settings I get the following error message: "Unable to move to the acatalog directory "../" on the FTP server possibly due to a mistake in the path from CGI-BIN to acatalog directory field."
    My hosting service told me to set the path from CGI-BIN to acatalog directory as "../cgi-bin". For some reason, Actinic seems to automatically change this to "../cgi-bin/acatalog/".
    Can anyone see what's going wrong here?

My hosting service is asking me to email the site to them so they can work out what the problem is. Can anyone tell me where I can find instructions on how to generate the site on my computer so I can email it to them?

Many thanks,
    Tim Wilson

If you post telling who the host is then someone on the forum may have the settings.

In the Program Files > Actinic V7 folder thier is a mail2host.txt file that you can send to the host and they can tell you the answers
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I just want to add that I've also tried setting the "Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog directory" as "../acatalog/", but that doesn't work for me either. Do I need to get the host to change their settings so I can set the path as "../acatalog/"?
      Thanks,
      Tim

Comment

you need to tell us who the host is, and post the network settings you are using.

Comment

Not sure if you'll know my host. They're in Hong Kong: www.jump.com.hk.

My settings are:

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
          HTTPPROXYADDRESS
          HTTPPROXYPORT 80
          HTTPPROXYUSER
          HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
          FTPPROXYMODE 0
          FTPPROXYADDRESS
          FTPPROXYPORT 21
          FTPPROXYUSER
          FTPPROXYPASSWORD
          SCRIPTID 1