Downloading v7 trial twice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading v7 trial twice?

I'm a (semi-novice) web-designer for a shop, who have asked me to add Actinic onto our website so we can sell online - owner is buying the software early in the new year (to tie in with a large business loan she is sourcing so we can move premises). Currently I have downloaded the trial version of v7 Catalog so we can see how it works, and I'm having great fun (is that the word?!) in playing with it and entering our rubber-stamp catalogue onto it.

However, I have now bought myself a laptop which I want to also have the software on, so I can work on the site both at home and at the shop (which currently doesn't have a computer). Am I able to download the v7 trial again onto the laptop, or will the fact that I have already registered my details mean that it won't let me? And if I can download it, when we purchase the activation key, will that work on both the download on my laptop AND the version on my home PC?

I appreciate that the probable answer is to continue working on the trial version on my home PC and wait for my owner to buy the actual software, I believe I am right in thinking that I can have the software loaded onto two or three different PC's under the same licence - as its only going to be one actual website, I will just need to be able to take a snapshot of it when I have finished working at the shop and take it home and continue working there?

Any suggestions would be very useful - this software looks absolutely brilliant and I can't wait to actually get working on it - main reason for buying a laptop so hubby can continue working on our home PC whilst I am working on the shop website!

Thanks in advance,
    L'il Suzie
    www.pullingontheglitz.co.uk
    L'il Suzie
    "From the internet connection under the pier..."
    http://www.pullingontheglitz.co.uk

It will work fine on both systems. You can use the Snapshot feature (File / Snapshot) to copy your existing work to the new installation.

If you stilll have the file you downloaded then just run that on the laptop to install it there.

The license allows you to use one copy for maintaining the web-site and another for processing the orders. Best read it for full details, however (Help / License Terms).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X