Error when uploading site for first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when uploading site for first time

I am trying to upload my site for the first time.
    I have connected via ftp to my server space and created two new files, cgi-bin and acatalog (both in lower case) I am using the correct ftp user name and password. Both new files were created inside the /web folder on my server.
    I get about halfway through the upload and then I get the error message -

---------------------------
    ConnectionWizard
    An error occurred while attempting to change permissions of a file or directory.

There was a failure in connecting to the FTP server in an attempt to execute a FTP chmod command.

The Connection Wizard will not continue.

Please configure your network settings through the Advanced | Network Settings dialog.

Contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate for any assistance that you may require.

OK

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

It sounds as if you have the wrong permissions on your directories they need to be 755 (rwxr-xr-x), you should be able to use your FTP CHMOD command to set these.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,
      I've already checked this (but forgot to mention it, sorry!), both the directory /cgi-bin and the one script that was inside the directory, ActinicBasicCgiTest.pl, had 755 as the permission setting. Is there anything else I should check?

Comment

You may need to set your acatalog directory to 777 to begin with. If that works remember to set it back to 755 afterwards.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

OK, I'll give that a try tonight and let you know how it goes. Thanks to both of you for the help so far.

Comment

didn't work :-(

I changed the permissions on both cgi-bin and acatalog to 777 but it will still not work - which file or directory is Catalog trying to change the permissions of in this first upload? Is there a hidden folder somewhere?

Comment

now it works!

Ok, I had to change the permissions on everything to 77 but now it is working fine - and also the permissions are now back to what they should be.
              Thank you both for your time, this forum is brilliant and deserves a big round of appluase.

Now, can anyone advise me on how to make my first million..?

Comment

Working...
              X