first time upload _ help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first time upload _ help needed!

I am uing actinic's trial webhosting. Having finally finished my site I decided to upload and generally test my site before upload to my url address.

I have a large shop with over 5,000 products and did have the odd filename conflicts. However I have re-named the files in question, and reselected the file name in actinic.

The problem!!! when ever I go to upload actinic repeats the same filename errors! any ideas?

I have even tried deleting the filename/re-name.

Thanks in advance
    naveed

If you were just doing an Update, then try doing a total
    refresh (web/refresh website).

Al

Comment

thanks, but no joy. last night i renamed all filenames in catalog and reselected them. Strange thing is when i tried uploading again, actinic shows filename errors for images i have now completly re-named or deleted and still shows the orginal image filename errors.

This is a first time upload using actinic catalog v7 & trial hosting. Its driving me mad, Thanks in advance.

Naveed

Comment

Hi there

Please could you give us the full error message on some of the products.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

error messages

here are some examples of the image filename errors:

1. C:\website\websitePICTURES\sections\changers\oechanger\audi.jpg
          C:\website\websitePICTURES\Accessories\headunits\fittingadaptors\AUDI.jpg

2. C:\website\websitePICTURES\multimedia\DVDME2.jpg
          C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\dvdme2.jpg

With error 2 I have re-named and even deleted the filename "dvdme2.jpg" but actinic still generates the error.

thanks

Comment

Hi there

In Actinic, if you go to "Advance | Additional Files", is there any reference to these pictures here?
            Also if you check the products that uses "dvdme2.jpg", where is it looking for it? In "C:\website\websitePICTURES\sections\changers\oechanger\audi.jpg" or the "Site1" folder? If the former, then try changing it to look into the site1 folder and update the site. See if you get the same error with "dvdme2.jpg"

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

problem sloved!

Comment

Working...
              X