PERL Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PERL Problems

When i attempt to upload actinic, it cannot find perl on the RAQ4 Server i am using.
    Perl is present under the address usr/lib/perl5, although usr/bin/perl seems the usual address. Actinic finds nothing when set to look for perl in its present location.

I'm not perl savvy at all and have been dropped in the deep end.
    Do i NEED to have perl installed under usr/bin/perl? or should it work ok with the location its in, and i'm barking up the wrong tree?

Perhaps Perl is there but hasnt been installed properly or in the correct location?

Please help - I have no store!!

If you select advanced / network settings from the main menu you can enter the path to perl. Use the test button on this dialog to check that everything is set up correctly. If it isn't the easiest way to set it up is to use the "Web/Configure Web Site Details" menu option.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have tried all that, but it seems that it doesnt recognise perl in the location specified - is usr/lib/perl5 a valid location?

Also - i'm using V4 no patches as yet

Comment

In my V4 I have perl.exe at the end of my path to perl (I use nt though not unix), maybe you need that? Also do you have a '/' at the beginning that might make a difference.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi there

Have you tried testing your perl version, but going into command prompt and trying in "perl -v"

This should provide you with the perl version. If you get an error, then the path to perl is wrong.

You can use usr/lib/perl5 if you specified this as your path to perl

Actinic does have a pdf file which shows you how to Setup a Cobalt RaQ Server for Use with Actinic Catalog.

Here is the direct link: --> http://www.actinicdownloads.com/docs...ic_Catalog.pdf

Hope this helps
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Shouldn't it be

/usr/lib/perl5

You need that leading / so the path starts at the root.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have a RAQ4 here and perl is installed at:

/usr/bin/perl

(actually a symlink to the latest version installed)

Comment

Hiya,

I have actinic version 6 running on a raq 4 for www.speeding.co.uk and it works perfectly...

i use /usr/bin/perl as the path to perl (you mentioned you were using usr/bin/perl - the forward slash can make a hell of a difference).

Andy

Comment

/usr/bin/perl is the correct path to use on a RAQ4 (we have a RAQ4!)

You could try the attached cgi test file to see if perl is working properly on your server.

Upload the file (in ascii mode), set the permissions on the file and it's containing folder to 755. Then browse to the file in Internet Explorer. You should get a message saying Hello World!
                  Attached Files
                  Nick Morecroft
                  01392 434530
                  <A target=_blank href ="http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/">http://www.pinbrookhosting.co.uk/</A>
                  hosting, search engine optimisation, design and ecommerce

Comment

Working...
                  X