Upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload

While I'm trying to upload my site I get an error saying there are filename comflicts. I renamed the file and the same error came up, but with the old filename. I searched my HD for a file with the name that appears on the error message but there isn't one. Why is this message still coming up?

It because you have refrenced the smae file in diffirent locations.

e.g. you have a product image myimage.jpg that is stored in Site1 folder but you also have a myimage.jpg stored in an images folder for example.

If you have lots of products then you might find it easier opening up the database to find where the images are being used.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. How do I open the database? Do I open it in Actinic itself (I'm using v.7) or is it a file I need to open in another program?

Comment

It's a Micosoft Access database and its called actiniccatalog.mdb and is in the Site1 folder on your PC.

If you know which product is using the image you could delete it from there. Save the image with a different name and point the product to this image instead.
        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a whirl when I get some time!

Comment

That worked fine, thanks very much.

One more problem, it'll run through the whole uploading process then I get this message

Actinic received a network error while merging files on the server. Try again later and contact your network administrator if the problem persists. A connection with the server could not be established
            Whats going on?

Comment

Which version of Actinic are you using?
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

It's version 7.

It uploads the files fine, I just get this error message when it gets to the last step. You can see the site at http://www.ersatz.biz (it all looks a bit icky because we picked up the job halfway through). I was wondering if the fact the checkout pages aren't in the same format to the rest of the site are anything to do with the error, or if it's just because I need to change more of the template files?

Comment

Maybe should you try a WEB > REFRESH an see if that can fix it. V7 has an extra FTP option that I think fixed your problem.
                  Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                  X