Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perl problems?

Hi,
    I have been using actinic v7.02 for the past 3-4 weeks with no probs. I was going to start work on my proper store so I thought I better start with a clean install. I went through the normal setup process and entered the standard setting as before in the website setup. For some reason when I entered my SSL details it said it couldn't find the cgi-bin directory. I disabled SSL and it worked fine. I reenabled SSL and tried uploading again and it kept stalling at the perl installation step. Since then I have reinstalled actinic from CD and from the demo download and I am getting the same problem. I asked my host if anything had changed on the server and they said their actinic is running fine.

Any ideas?
    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

I noticed that it takes ages on the "trying perl guesses" stage. It starts checking perl installation and then contacting host. Its goes back and forwards doing that.

I removed the software again, all files, the registry entried and the same problem. I also tried it with another hosting account with another company on a windows server and I get the same problems.

Comment

This is the server info:
      Operating system Linux
      Service Status Click to View
      Kernel version 2.6.8.1
      Machine Type i686
      Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
      PERL version 5.8.0
      Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
      Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
      Installed Perl Modules Click to View
      PHP version 4.3.9
      MySQL version 4.0.22-standard
      cPanel Build 10.0.0-RELEASE 7
      Theme cPanel X v2.5.0
      Documentation Click to View
      cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC2)

Comment

Problem eventually solved by my host, some file was missing.

Comment

Working...
        X