Need help with Shopping Cart functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Shopping Cart functions

I'm in a bit of a snarl here. I am using Dreamweaver to rebuild my company's website and since I have very specific ideas I was hoping I could use the HTML files that Actinic generated and simply do a bit of code cutting and pasting.

I have been able to successfully get everything to work except
    Adding to the Shopping Cart. When I click on the button nothing at all happens.

What element am I missing in my own HTML code that activates it correctly? Is it a missing piece of javascript that obviously doesn't copy with a table?

Please help!

Thanks!

Christy

Example

Here's what I'm talking about:
    http://www.dutygearuniforms.com/~dut...industrial.htm

Comment

No Javascript is needed to do an Add to Cart. You have to Submit a form containg the required parameters. In the page you gave above your SUBMIT statment and some inut ones are outside the <form...> so that's why nothing happens.

You have to pass a few hidden parameters as well. Best to look at a normal Catalog site and see.

As an aside. I've attached a zipfile containg FormEcho.pl the just echos back to you what you posted to it. This is a quick hack where I stripped all the calls out of the well known FormMail.pl except the echo parameters routine. If you want to see what happens when you Add to Cart on a normal live Catalog site, download the a product page from the server and replace the ca000001.pl in the <form..> tag with FormEcho.pl. Upload the modified page. Copy FormEcho.pl into your cgi-bin directory and you'll be able to see what Actinic passes to the cart script.

Norman
      Attached Files
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks!

Norman,

You helped me out immensely, I was just so out of it I couldn't see I left it open ended...! It's working now...thank you soo much!

Christy

Comment

Working...
        X